A lot of you keep asking me for an update, so, here is a small update of what’s been happening with me over the last three months.
– Fitness – This year I’ve decided to turn over a new leaf and joined a local gym. I really want to push myself to get into shape. I’ve totally changed my diet and so far I think it’s working. I haven’t noticed any real progress yet. Who knows, by the end of the year I could end up looking like Arnold Schwarzenegger.
– Reading – I’m loving my books. Since my last post in February I’ve decided to watch less T.V. and move away from binge watching stuff online. Instead when I’m not working and have some free down time i’ve picked up a book or a magazine. I feel so much better for it than watching a T.V. series that will probably do nothing more than kill a few brain cells.
– Planning my holiday – Since the trip to Cardiff I’ve switched my attention to planning my road trip in the U.S. I’m going with one of my good friends. The planning is going really well, and so far, we have a few ideas down on paper. A lot of credit goes to my friend, as he has done an absolute TON of research for it.
– Stress and feeling more isolated – For some reason, at times this year i’ve felt extremely alone and isolated. I send a lot of messages using different social media apps, and it sucks when my messages are just delivered and read / seen, rather than answered. I bring up the subject, receive one or two messages but it gets forgotten immediately and the old habits slip back in. Such is life, my own company seems better anyway!
– Practicing Swedish – My Swedish has improved a lot over the last 16 weeks. I’m using a course from Babbel which has been incredible. It’s not a free app, but you certainly get your value for money. By the end of the year i’ll almost certainly be able to hold down a conversation with The Swede.
– Uncharted 4 – The Uncharted series has been a game series that i’ve followed since its initial release. The stories are epic and you really get immersed in Drakes current storyline. So far Uncharted 4 has been brilliant. The story has kept me glued to my chair. The action has been amazing too. Just when you think you’re winning a fight a whole ton of reinforcements turn up. In Uncharted 4 the combat system is really well done. You can choose to use stealth and sneak your way through or grab a weapon and blast your way out. I like to use a mix of both combat styles. I haven’t finished the main story line yet as I keep getting sidetracked with the addictive multiplayer!!
– The Second Swedish Adventure – In May The Swede invited me back to Sweden for a week. We went to visit, and, stay with her amazing family. We then headed to Stockholm for a few days. Stockholm is a beautiful city! It feels like London only with less people! We hit Stockholm hard. Every night we would return to the hotel feeling exhausted. We managed to see The Vasa Museum, The Abba Museum, Skansen, The Royal Palace, City Hall and my favourite Gamla Stan (or The Old Town) in three days! If I could choose to live somewhere it would be Gamla Stan. It’s quaint, quiet and there a lot of places to get a nice cuppa’ and immerse myself in a good book.
Apart from work – This sums up what has been happening in the World of Me. I’m aiming to meet my fitness targets on a weekly basis and my language goals on monthly basis. With that in mind it seems that i’ve got plenty of things to do to keep me busy for the rest of the year!!